Fueling the wellbeing of SENCOs / SEND Leaders
- A free Time Management eBook for SENCOs. Feedback in applying this bespoke approach has been very encouraging an positive. Give it a try!
- Training SENCOs on 'Reducing the SEND paperwork'. Participant feedback confirms the impact this has made on whole school systems and staff engagement in sharing/using important information to meet the needs of ALL children and young people.
- Introduced a low-cost / high impact professional development programme to support other staff on an on-going basis.
- To support and sustain and develop long-standing SENCOs, Anita working with Optimus Education launched SENCO Masterclass in 2016 & Masterclass PLUS in 2017.
- The SENCO is a statutory role, the only professional required to be a qualified teacher.
- It can be a very isolated role within a setting.
- The actual role is complex and involves managing the largest team in a setting, liaising between different stakeholders and ensuring children and young people achieve their outcomes, whilst sustaining a robust paper trail of evidence
Over the course of the year, we will publish a #senco5aday blog to support SENCOs on:
- 28th September 2018: Wellbeing Matters!
- 23rd November 2018: People
- 25th January 2019: Place
- 23rd May 2019: Purpose
The final two blogs (June & July 2019) for this academic year will support SENCOs plan and prepare for the next academic year.